I am that kind of person who cares about the legacy we leave behind. Combined with my occupation (I am a marketer), this makes me very selective when it comes to the hotels I choose for my travels. To quickly elaborate: I select places that benefit the location and society they exist in, and I honestly believe that we, human beings, should only support these types of businesses and ignore all the others.
So my dear reader, if you’re a man (or a woman) of dignity and values as myself, I am happy to recommend you this wonderful hotel in the heart of Ljubljana.
I initially chose Hotel Park because of their slogan “The most urban & green hotel in the center of Ljubljana” and I was happy to see they matched every word! But that wasn’t all. Here’s a list of everything I liked about this place:
1. Sleeping quality – 5 stars experience!
If you know me, you’d know I like my sleep, and sleeping quality always comes first on my list! I won’t be exaggerating if I say that this was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, and that was so important after the long days of exploring Ljubljana!
2. The location
Let’s be honest here: the location is a HUGE part of a hotel’s selling strategy and in this case, totally a winning point for Hotel Park. They are literally in the heart of Ljubljana yet away from any street noise.
3. The staff and service – professional, mindful and friendly!
I don’t know how many stars does Hotel Park have (we all know this rating system is quite outdated), but when it comes to service I give them a million bright, shining stars! They have the most attentive, caring and smiling team I have seen! During our stay, I felt as if all of them wanted to be there and enjoyed what they do.
4. The restaurant – awesome food and emotionally charging urban vibe.
It was a very nice surprise when around lunch the restaurant of the hotel suddenly started getting fuller, and I found out that many of the people coming there for a meal work in the offices around – there aren’t many hotels that manage to attract locals, right? Another bonus point I give them for the awesome breakfast and the extremely good coffee!
5. Some inside info (actually the best part of this review)
This part of the information you can’t get at many places, and I am super happy to be sharing it with you.
- Hotel Park has a Tesla charging station and an official hotel vehicle from the same brand – they do care about the environment, and you can arrange to use a shuttle service with their Tesla vehicle!
- They often organize various events such as free yoga classes, open libraries, thematic evenings with barbeque, music and dancing, and everyone is invited! Without a doubt, one of the things I loved the most about them is that the events they do are for everyone – both the guests of the hotel and the neighbours around! Thumbs up Hotel Park!
- They are constantly improving and renovating, and I heard that in spring 2016 (just in time for my next visit in Ljubljana actually) a couple of floors will be completely redone! I have huge respect for businesses that try to improve constantly.
6. The view
We stayed in Hotel Park only one night (what a huge mistake!) and even though it was a rainy day, the view we had was so impressive! Check it out:
7. Bicycle station right outside the hotel
If you’ve already seen our post “Exploring Ljubljana on a bicycle for €1 per week” and plan on using a bycicle during your stay in Ljubljana, you’ll probably be glad to know there is a bicycle stand right outside Hotel Park!
There’s a lot more I can tell you about the Hotel Park, but I think you must have understood the most important part: I do recommend it, and you shouldn’t doubt your choice if you’re thinking of staying there.
If you want to book this hotel, you can use the form below. We may receive a commission from your booking, but it will in no way reflect the prices you pay. This could be your way to support our blog. If you don’t want to use this form, please use one of the links above, pointing directly to the website of the hotel.
Disclaimer: I am NOT affiliated with Hotel Park, and this article reflects my own experience only.