Couple of years ago I arrived in Ljubljana at 4 o’clock in the morning. The city was quetly sleeping and only the occassional light inside bakeries was a sign that it’s soon about to be awake. My love for it was instant. Ever since I’ve been in love with Slovenia and it’s the kind of love which doesn’t go away even a second. In this short intro I wanted to show you 19 of my favorite photos from this incredible country. Enjoy!
1. The park around Ljubljana’s castle and a view over the city
2. Ljubljana as seen from the castle
3. Sunset above Ljubljana’s castle, as seen from Neboticnik (the town’s 11 story-tall skyscraper)
4. Somewhere near Ljubljanica river
5. A random church ceiling
6. The most romantic spot on lake Bled
7. An autumn view of lake Bled and the castle
8. Swans making lake Bled even more fairy-tale like
9. The most romantic bench in Slovenia
If you want to know how to get to this bench, see this post.
10. Predjama Castle
11. The gorgeous park around Predjama castle
Piran is a small, but absolutely gorgeous town. We found some incredible gems over there and you can learn more about them here.
13. Piran’s town walls
14. The stunning view from Piran’s town walls
15. A random work of art: Piran’s mermaid
16. A random work of art: Piran
17. Piran’s beautiful clock tower
18. A fairytale window: the view from Piran’s clock tower
19. Piran as seen from the clock tower